Monday, January 17, 2011

Story of My Life

Feeling like Charlie Brown today.

For years this has happened to me:

Mom- "Since you will have a new bedroom, why don't you pick out your own paint colors and a theme!"

Mallory- "Ooo! I know! Something I've never seen, like a sun and moon theme...navy, gold sun and moon! stars! Its going to be so different, I love it!"

Then everywhere we went the new trend was dark blue with stars and suns and moons- i mean, everywhere.



Mallory- "I think I'm really into birds this year... I want some jewelry with birds on it, maybe some clothes, and ooo! those old glass birds for my new apartment!"

EVERYwhere I went for the next two years was just birds...birds mocked me at every store I went in. Everyone at my new school was wearing birds, birds on their sweater, swallow tattoos, bird earrings..." aggg



And most recently,

Mallory- "GASP! I have the best idea EVERRRR! Instead of all those flowers, I want to do the 'missippi' thing and use some of my Aunt's real cotton for decorations at the wedding!!! It is going to be so neat."

Last night I signed up to start getting the Martha Stewart Wedding email-a-day's and the very first one I got was today and this is what it was:

Is it not so much to ask that for once I can have an idea all to myself? To feel original ? The post had pictures of this couple using cotton everywhere. The tables, the chairs, hanging from places- it was like they had ripped all of my mental images out of my head and put it on a computer screen for the whole world to see and I was mad. They even had the nerve to use my PINECONES! the line was drawn, the straw had been broken...they went too far.

1 comment:

  1. "Do they wear socks like that in Columbus????"

    You have always had foreshadowing when it comes to things like this. Martha Stewart should be asking you for idears.

    I love all the photos you have posted. So beautiful and so Mallory!

    Can you train a squirrel to be the ring bearer?

    ReplyDelete